Facilities available to UOW Bega campus students and staff include:
- Computer laboratory - DELL computers with flat-screen available including internet access 24hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Free Wifi in all classrooms and common areas
- VideoConferencing - A number of course lectures are provided from Wollongong via live videoconferencing.
- Kitchenette - Fridge, toaster, tea & coffee making facilities
- Library - in addition to the print and electronic resource available in the library, computers are available for library research. Photocopying facilities are also available.
After hours access
After hours access is available to students who wish to use the University computers or simply find a quiet place to study.
An active social group organises social, sporting and other recreational student activities. Please talk to your local staff or student representative if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Information technology support - this includes UOW IT computer and software support.
Audio-visual support - is available to assist in the overall educational experience and can be used for presentations and flexible delivery of courses; this includes video-conferencing, video players and overhead projectors. We also have available multimedia tools including a digital camera, digital video camera, mini disk recorder/ player, document/image scanner, DVD player and cassette recorder; all of which will enhance your student experience!
Counselling Services -a qualified counsellor is available for student consultations regarding appeals, special consideration, personal and other problems.
Learning Development - learning assistance is available for students in various areas relevant to degree studies. Workshops include:
- Time Management
- Reading and Note Making
- Essay Writing
- Structuring Arguments and Critical Thinking
- Exam Preparation and Techniques
Individual consultations are also available.
University Careers Service - the University Careers Service offers advice and guidance to students regarding their future employment options and study strategies.